Saturday, October 14, 2023

The Latest on Campbell Y-DNA

 This is my first blog in quite some time.  Some have asked if I was alive.  Alive I am.  I find myself in a new state, with a retired wife, and a new cat.

With three 2023 AG National Championships under my belt (Sprint Triathlon, Sprint Duathlon, and Olympic Duathlon) it may be time to get back to some genealogy??

The YDNA scene is heating up.  Just released is DNA evidence that the Argyll Campbells and the Glenorchy Campbells are not related.  Campbell family | University of Strathclyde

What???  Did someone just take on the Campbell name or did a Campbell take on a foster son?

In my Campbell line, we have definitively shown our connection to the Craignish line, a very early branch off the Argyll line.....via YDNA.  More on this later.

Of most interest is that we have enough participants that JoelCampbell1735 now has his own branch on the YDNA tree!!!  It is called R-FTA92871.  Just go here:  Haplotree | FamilyTreeDNA



More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment